The overall goal of the Writing Center is to help students strengthen their writing skills. We do not edit or proofread papers. Instead, our consultants work one on one with students to help them develop the skills they need to succeed in any aspect of writing, whether it be creative, academic, or career oriented. We welcome you to come at any stage of the writing process. We can help you brainstorm, make an outline, work on your drafts, or just be a soundboard for your ideas.
- Students are limited to three (3) appointments per week, but you are still welcome to walk-in.
- Consultations last up to 45 minutes.
- A failure to show up for two (2) consultations will result in losing appointment making privileges for the rest of the academic year, but walk-ins are still welcome.
- Bring two (2) copies of your assignment and any other information that may help the consultant (i.e. an assignment sheet or rubric).
- At your request, we can notify your instructor of your visit, so make sure to bring their name and email address.